Hungaria Stamp Exchange (HSE) began in Hungary in the 1940's by Béla “Bill” Bauer. The company was started not even as a business, but a trade with friends. Béla kept a very close relationship with this small circle of friends, some of whom are still our customers. When Béla and his wife, Rita, emigrated to the United States during World War II, he put the business on hold until they got settled. He then restarted the business in the 1950's with a small core group of customers. He serviced these customers until he passed it on to his son (Alan) in 1982. The company served the same small group of customers and friends until 2004, when Alan created a web presence for the company, with the assistance of his son, Andrew. The website www.hungarianstamps.com was born. Following that the business expanded exponentially. Creating the HSE store with inventories of stamps of all of the Eastern European countries allowed the business to expand internationally and process orders for customers in any country, 24 hours a day. Today we have over 400 active customers on all continents and many countries worldwide, including the United States, Hungary, Canada, Japan, China, United Kingdom, Australia, Israel, Brazil, Romania and many more. Throughout this growth, we have continued to maintain the highest level of customer service to our loyal customers throughout the world.